Capital Group is seeking a full-time Flight Service Operations Analyst to support our federal sector clients.
The Analyst will support the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Future Flight Service Program. Specific responsibilities may include:
- – Analyzing existing flight services regulations, policies, standards, and requirements and recommending modifications in support of the FAA’s
- flight service goals and objectives;
- – Analyzing current and future flight deck and inflight communications technologies;
- – Reviewing flight services vendor integration, testing, and transition plans and schedules;
- – Analyzing future contact center technologies and providing recommendations to support flight service goals and objectives;
- – Conducting data analytics and stakeholder analysis to support operational improvement recommendations to flight services delivery;
- – Assembling, consuming, organizing, and assessing large amounts of data and developing conclusions based upon findings; and
- – Supporting flight service stakeholder engagement activities.
- – Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- – Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience.
- – FAA ORDER JO 7110.0 Flight Services, and FAA ORDER JO 7210.3, Facility Operation and Administration expertise.
- – Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project),
- methodical and logical thinking, excellent oral and written communication skills, capacity to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and the ability to work well on a team.
- – Master’s Degree in a related field.
- – FAA or FAA Contractor flight service operational experience.
- – Demonstrated understanding of flight service technologies.
- – Data analytics expertise is a plus.
Special Requirements: Must be a US citizen and meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust. This position may require a 0-20% travel commitment within the Washington, DC-Metropolitan area.