Location: Washington DC
Position: Full Time
Job Description: Capital Group is a rapidly expanding, Washington DC-based strategic management consulting firm. We are currently in need of an experienced and professional Information Security/Cybersecurity Specialist to join our team. The Information Security/Cybersecurity Specialist will be responsible for the application of FISMA; NIST Cybersecurity Framework, Controls, and Standards; and FedRAMP to support government clients. The ideal candidate has previous information security and/or cybersecurity experience and is enthusiastic about being part of a team that is at the top of its game. If this sounds like you, please apply!
The Candidate will work as part of the team that will support various programs. The Candidate will provide security support to include:
- Serving as a technical security architect during system design, providing guidance to balance security with technical options and business objectives.
- Supporting system owner(s) and/or project team in incorporating the applicable system security and privacy requirements to include defining and documenting system-specific requirements and making recommendations for technical, operational, or administrative implementations.
- Coordination with system owner(s) and project teams to identify, document, and mitigate system security issues found during iterative testing cycles, audits, or continuous monitoring activities.
- Coordination with system owner(s) and project teams to establish and document processes for audit log management/review, account management, separation of duties and configuration management and to complete all defined deliverables.
- Serving as a key point-of-contact to project teams and/or system owner(s) during the entirety of the auditing lifecycle and assessment activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the following fields of study: Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Candidate must have expert knowledge of FISMA; NIST Cybersecurity Framework, Controls, and Standards; and FedRAMP.
- Candidate must have experience performing system analysis, audits, and monitoring; security control assessment/testing; risk management; and incident response.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software applications.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience with a wide range of computer systems and security tools, excellent oral and written communication skills, a capacity to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and ability to work well on a team.
- Master’s Degree in Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, or related field.
- Computer security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CAP, GSLC, or CASP).
Candidates may be subject to the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation. Higher levels of clearance may be required depending on the level of trust (Top Secret/SCI) required to perform specific duties or perform a specific task.
0-10%, within Washington DC-Metropolitan area.
Capital Group offers competitive wages and provides excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company social and charity events, and much more.