Location: Washington DC
Position: Full Time
Job Description: Capital Group is a rapidly expanding, Washington DC-based strategic management consulting firm. We are currently in need of an experienced and professional Operations Research Analyst to join our team. The Operations Research Analyst will be responsible for providing quantitative and qualitative information that improves strategies, decision-making, and processes. The ideal candidate has previous experience as a research analyst and is enthusiastic about being part of a team that is at the top of its game. If this sounds like you, please apply!
The Candidate will work as part of a team that will support various programs. The Candidate will provide operational support to include:
- Formulate and apply advanced techniques to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy and procedure formulation (e.g., logistics and accounting systems), or other managerial functions.
- Assist management in decisions regarding the allocation of resources, development of production schedules, management of supply chance, and price setting.
- Identify and define business problem and use statistical analysis or simulations to analyze information and develop practical solutions to address identified improvement areas.
- Prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the following fields of study: Mathematics, Business, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to assemble, consume, organize, and assess large amounts of data and configure conclusions based on findings.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project), methodical and logical thinking, excellent oral and written communication skills, capacity to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and ability to work well on a team.
- Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience in a research analyst role, preferred.
Special Requirements: None required.
Travel Required: 0-10%, within Washington DC-Metropolitan area.
Capital Group offers competitive wages and provides excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company social and charity events, and much more.